login not possible on NT but on W2K and XP

Hi folks,

situation:
==========
a heterogenous network with NT(SVP 6a), W2K, XP and several unix-servers. I
would like to skip to any desired server via sshd without password, because i
don't want to take a "bunch of keys" with me. Also the windows-systems have to
be reachable on this way. Not only therefore (but because i like it) i
installed the same cygwin-version (1.5.11(0.116/4/2)) on these systems.

problem:
========
"permission denied" on the NT-System while login works fine on XP and W2K.

The point 1. to 3. shows the behaviour on XP, W2K and NT (in this order).

1.)
   tos@tux ~
   # ssh sys-10102
   Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
   Last login: Thu Jan  6 14:31:10 2005
   Fanfare!!!
   You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
   tos´ base is /home/tos

   tos@SYS-10102 ~
   # logout
   Connection to sys-10102 closed.

2.)
   tos@tux ~
   # ssh jet03a.gewkoelnag.de
   Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
   Last login: Thu Jan  6 14:56:42 2005 from 10.96.1.75

   #tos@jet03a ~
   $ logout
   Connection to jet03a.gewkoelnag.de closed.

3.)
   tos@tux ~
   # ssh mjet02p.gewkoelnag.de
   tos@mjet02p.gewkoelnag.de's password:
   Permission denied, please try again.
   tos@mjet02p.gewkoelnag.de's password:

   tos@tux ~
   #

i figured out, that it isn't really a ssh- but a login-problem. So i tested the
login-behaviour on the 3 systems.

1.)
   tos@SYS-10102 ~
   # login tos
   Password:
   Last login: Thu Jan  6 15:24:00 on tty2
   Fanfare!!!
   You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
   tos´ base is /home/tos

   tos@SYS-10102 ~
   login wants pw

2.)
   #tos@jet03a ~
   $ login tos
   Last login: Thu Jan  6 15:24:20 on tty0

   #tos@jet03a ~
   $
   no pw necessary (why!?)

3.)
   tos@mjet02p ~
   $ login tos
   Password:
   Login incorrect
   login not possible

user tos is a domain-user which was announced to cygwins /etc/passwd via
mkpasswd. There are no local users tos.

I think my problem has to do with the user-validation against the domain-server
but i don't know enough about the underlying concept.

Meanwhile i tried so many attempts, read a lot of hints in cygwin-mailing list
and documentation, changed permissions and so on ... but now i'm at my wits'
end.

i would appreciate very much any suggestions

thanks in advance and kind regards,
thomas (aka tos)