sybase isql

Hello All,

I cannot login into a sybase server using isql on the
cygwin bash command line.  Basically it hangs.  The
error is below.  I am able to isql into the sybase
server using cmd.exe.  I haven't found any info. on
this, so I thought I'd give this newsgroup a try.

When not using -V and trying to login using "isql
-Ulearn -SLEARN", I am prompted for the password.
When entering the password, it displays in clear text
and then hangs.

nonverbose example.
$ isql -Ulearn -SLEARN
Password: learn
hanging

verbose example.
$ isql -Ulearn -SLEARN -V
CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_con_props(SET): security service layer:
internal security control layer error: Unable to find
SCL entry in configuration file.
hanging

Windows XP Pro
Cygwin is current.
TERM=xterm

my cygwin-rxvt.bat file contains the below:
@echo off

chdir D:\Cygwin\bin

set CYGWIN=netsec tty glob server

rxvt.exe -C -sl 500 -sr -si -geometry 90x30 -fn
"courier" -bg black -fg green -e /bin/bash --login -i

I have no idea what to check for now.  I think it has
something to do with tty, but not sure.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance.