Re: Building LLVM and the GCC front-end under Cygwin

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 05:30:23PM +0200, Alex Vinokur wrote:
>I would like to build LLVM and the GCC front-end under Cygwin.
>
><QUOTE from http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html#cygwin>
>Some versions of Cygwin utilize an experimental version of GNU binutils that will cause the GNU ld linker to fail an assertion when
>linking components of the libstdc++. It is recommended that you replace the entire binutils package with version 2.15 such that
>"ld --version" responds with
>
>GNU ld version 2.15
>not with:
>
>GNU ld version 2.15.91 20040725
></QUOTE>
>
>Here is ld version
>$ ld --version
>GNU ld version 2.15.91 20040725
>[---omitted---]
>
>How to get ld version 2.15 instead version 2.15.91 20040725?

Why are you asking this list when another source told you to do something?
Obviously, we only support what is in the cygwin release.

Regardless, you can build your own version.

If that is unacceptable, then ask the people at llvm.cs.uiuc.edu for a
version.