Re: ls -F // doesn't work

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 08:04:45AM -0700, Mark Paulus wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:35:40 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>

>>While you're right, it's not a good thing that ls // returns these
>>error messages.  I found a buglet in Cygwin which results in scanning
>>the root directory accidentally in this situation.
>
>For us non-informed, commercial developers, would you care to
>define "buglet"?  Is it bigger than a bug, but smaller than a bugger?
>
>Also, can you elaborate on the fix a bit, so I can find the fix and apply it
>to my "sandbox"?  I'm not sure I want all of Chris' recent updates for the
>trailing dots until he releases the revised sources to fix the problem in
>it's entirety, but I am interested in seeing this issue taken care of.

You don't have to ask developers for patches.  You can see the changes
either in CVS <http://cygwin.com/cvs.html> or, when a snapshot is
released, on the snapshot pages.

If you don't see it in CVS, then it is still being worked on and asking
people for a work in progress and you don't want a work in progress.