Re: cygwin-gcc-fopen bug?

Jim:

Hi.   On Solaris9 I use leak and there are no leaks, and I see no errors
at all.

One of the errors on Cywin, using the most Current Cygwin1.dll occurs
before any memory is created, ner the top of main():
  if ((Portfolio->ptr_err = fopen (infoFile, "a")) == NULL) {

Now, I do have a large set of structs (mostly full of pointers for
memory to be created later in the program), e.g., several enum's with
about 40 entries, and several nested structs with about 225 entries,
in an include file common to about 50 .c files.  Could this be too
many for the Cygwin gcc default?

BTW, it is "NULL" that mangles the filename, not "NUL", likely
because I'm using sprintf() to string together paths and files.

Thanks.

Lester

--
 Prof. Lester Ingber  lester@ingber.com  ingber@alumni.caltech.edu