Re: Error when installing

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:02:20 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:55:23PM -0500, Frank Bures wrote:

>>>Er, no.
>>>
>>>setup.exe doesn't use Visual Basic and no package in the distribution
>>>uses Visual Basic.
>>>
>>>If the OP is trying to install X as part of your installation, you need
>>>to do it in two steps -- first install everything but X, then install X.
>>>There is a bug in setup.exe which some people are tripping over.  It
>>>seems to require this.
>>
>>OK,  I installed without X and it went through.  However, I have not been
>>able to install X afterwards, still getting the same error.
>>How should I install X and avoid the error?
>
>How could you be getting the same error?  _update_info_dir shouldn't be
>running if you are installing just X in the second step.
>
>If it is getting selected, then unselect it.

_update_info_dir appears in section "PostInstallLast" of the setup.
I tried "Keep" and "Source".  In both cases I am getting the above error.
What setting should I use?  Other possibilities are "Uninstall" and
"Reinstall".

Thanks

Frank Bures, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Toronto, M5S 3H6
fbures@chem.toronto.edu
http://www.chem.utoronto.ca/general/itelec.html
PGP public key: http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=Frank+Bures