//

   * /From/: "Harig, Mark"
   * /To/: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
   * /Date/: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:30:22 -0500
   * /Subject/: RE: sshd in Windows 2003 server

Using 'openssh-host-config' is the only documented, supported
approach to setting up a Cygwin openssh server.  If you follow
instructions from other locations, then you need to ask for
assistance at those locations.  The documentation for the Cygwin-specific
openssh setup begins in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README.

-----Original Message-----
From: daniel
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 6:32 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: sshd in Windows 2003 server

Hi,
I've installed sshd succesfully a couple of time on WinXP machines following the instructions at http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html.
However, I didn' manage on a Windows 2003 server. I always get "1053 did not start in a timely fashion" immediately on clicking on the Windows service "start" button. I tried with both enabling and disabling the privilege separation.

I don't think I have to follow the instructions at http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg00977.html, since my cygwin version (cygwin DLL version: 1.5.12) already creates a ssd_server user with the privileges mentioned there.