Re: src/timezone/pgtz __imp__my_exec_path

postgresql-cygwin is working fine. See the testfarm.
Just cygwin itself, cygserver - the IPC daemon - has problems.

On msgctl(IPC_INFO) the internal msg buffer struct msqid_ds *buf is allocated at a non-writable area, IsBadWritePtr() fails. I suspect it's a new gcc-3.4 feature, but haven't found the problem yet. gcc-3.3 fails also. (these don't have dwarf-2 support yet, just sjlj. cygwin itself is c++ and uses exceptions heavily.)

It works for most users out there, but not for me, this is why I didn't did a proper beta5 cygwin release yet. A pity that no one else can confirm my cygserver problems yet.

And I got beta4 on a fairly busy server working only with max-connection=2, not more.

Bruce Momjian schrieb:
Is Cygwin now working properly in CVS and beta5?  I assume so.
Magnus Hagander wrote:
beta4 - cygwin:
postgres.exe fails to build, because __imp__my_exec_path from src/timezone/pgtz.o cannot be resolved. previously it was not imported.

This could be related to the patch that went in last weekend to fix compiles on Win32. DLLIMPORT was added to the header. If

the Makefile
did not change, then that is your problem - that patch
changed botht
he makefile and the header. See http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2004-10/msg00321.php

Does CYGWIN perhaps need the same Makefile patch?

You only patched your Makefile.win32, not Makefile.cygwin. That's it. It builds fine now.

Please add also

ifneq (,$(findstring timezone,$(subdir))) override CPPFLAGS+= -DBUILDING_DLL endif

to the Makefile.cygwin.
Without it doesn't break just contrib/tsearch, it even breaks cygwin postmaster.

Soudns reasonable.

Maybe all win32.mak and bcc32.mak must also be checked. Does anybody do the msvc/borland suites?

Not affected. Only the frontend can be compiled with those, and this is a backend change.
--
I'm using MozTweak addon, and you? MozTweak: http://www.MozillaPL.org