cygwin choking about _impure_ptr

After my recent upgrade from cygwin 1.5.11 to 1.5.12, I often get
a Windows pop-up error message:
> The procedure entry point _impure_ptr could not be located in the
> dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.
I tried reinstalling a previous version, updating again, the message
remains.
Fortunately, in most cases, the programs still run. Once, however,
gcc would not run anymore and compiled programs didn't run either
after this error.

On the web, I found the following message about a recent change
that involves this entry point, might it be related?
    * From: corinna at cygwin dot com
    * To: cygwin-cvs at cygwin dot com
    * Date: 16 Sep 2004 09:14:29 -0000
    * Subject: src/winsup/cygwin ChangeLog cygwin.din lib/_cy ...

CVSROOT:	/cvs/src
Module name:	src
Changes by:	corinna@sourceware.org	2004-09-16 09:14:29

Modified files:
	winsup/cygwin  : ChangeLog cygwin.din
	winsup/cygwin/lib: _cygwin_crt0_common.cc

Log message:
	* cygwin.din (_impure_ptr): Don't export.
	(reent_data): Export.
	* lib/_cygwin_crt0_common.cc (_impure_ptr): Drop entirely.  Don't
	initialize _impure_ptr or u->impure_ptr_ptr.