Re: Manual page width is fixed and I'd like it not to be

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 01:18:07AM -0500, Aaron Miller wrote:

>Aaron Miller wrote:

>>>Try making your font smaller so the man page width still fits your
>>>narrow xterm.
>>>

>>Thanks, but that's the exact backwards of what I'm looking for; I
>>could've been clearer in my original message. The command line with
>>which I start my usual xterm sets it to 120 columns, and I frequently
>>size it up from there. This seems to be the usual mode of operation
>>under Unix; for example, when I've ssh'd into a Linux box from a Cygwin
>>xterm, manual pages are formatted to the terminal width instead of a
>>hard eighty(ish) columns.
>>
>>Thanks again.
>
>...and, wow, is my grammar lousy tonight, so
>s/This seems to/Formatting manual page text to window size seems to/

We have a mailing list for discussing x issues - cygwin-xfree .  Please use
this mailing list for queries regarding xterm.  The xterm developer actually
follows this list.

As a wild guess, however, I'm wondering if eval `resize -s` would fix your
problems.

cgf