Re: pax available?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Hall" <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com>
To: "Chuck" <SkiLover@softhome.net>; "Cygwin List" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: pax available?

> At 04:34 PM 11/19/2004, you wrote:
> >What does any of this have to do with pax? The FAQ doesn't mention
anything
> >about pax or archiving in general?
>

> Again:
>
> "What packages should I download? Where are 'make', 'gcc', 'vi', etc?"
>
> Missed the point?  OK, let's break it down:
>
> "What packages should I download?"
>
> You asked in what package was "pax".  See any similarities?

No

> OK, hopefully
> something correlates for you here now.  Let's move on:
>
> "Where are 'make', 'gcc', 'vi', etc?"

Again, what does this have to do with pax? So far you've answered every
question except the one I asked. Is there some point to all this?

> "etc" is the operative term here.  You can substitute "pax".  Does the FAQ
> entry make sense to you now?

No. As previously stated, the FAQ mentions nothing about pax. Thankfully
there are some on this list server who are more interested in giving
straight answers than simply trying to argue.  Perhaps *you* should read the
FAQ and tell us all where pax is mentioned at all.