Re: Clapack on Cygwin revisited

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Quoting Mark Paulus <mark.paulus@mci.com>:

> Sounds like you might need a -L option
>
> gcc -o testclapack testclapack.c -L<dir to library> lapack.a -cblaswr
> -lblas.a tmglib.a -latlas -lg2c

If I understand well, this tells gcc to access a certain directory (with the -L
command) where all the .a or .so's lib files can be found and then take under
consideration only a certain amount of the files found in there by invoking the
-l command. The command I tried was:

gcc testclapack.c -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/lapack_CYGWIN.a -lcblaswr
-lcblas -L/usr/local/lib/tmglib_CYGWIN.a -latlas -lg2c

the /usr/local/lib is the directory with all the *.a files I could find (some, I
put in there manually). I used the -L/usr/local/lib/lapack_CYGWIN.a instead
of the -l/usr/local/lib/lapack_CYGWIN.a because the lapack_CYGWIN lib is not
called liblapack_CYGWIN.a. Actually, I tried with the small l instead of the
capital L but I was getting a message saying gcc cannot find
-l/usr/local/lib/lapack_CYGWIN.a.

Then I put -l's to whatever files were called lib*.a. Hence, I have in
/usr/local/lib:
libcblaswr.a
libcblas.a
libatlas.a
and the tmglib_CYGWIN.a file which I had to put in the same way as the
lapack_CYGWIN.a (also in /usr/local/lib).

The -lg2c I don't really understand but it seems that gcc does not complain
about it and I leave it...

The result of that command was also an undefined reference to _dgesvd_ (the
function in testclapack.c).

I also tried to ask gcc to look at all the remaining lib*.a files in
/usr/local/lib by adding (after the -lg2c) the: -lI77, -lf77blas options. Again
the same error about the undefined reference.

It seems to me  that there is something quite wrong here unfortunately...

If only I won't have to go through the same installation procedure again...:p

If however that seems the best (or, even worse, the only) way forward could you
perhaps let me know which instructions to follow?

Thanks ever so much.

regards,

kele