RE: scp exits often with -1

Dave Korn wrote on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 7:20 PM:

[snip]

>   So basically what you've done is say to yourself "I'll just
> send tons and tons of stuff (which I know will be of no use
> or interest to 99.9% of the recipients) to absolutely
> everyone in the hopes that it might be relevant to even just
> one or two people."
>
>   That's the same approach that spammers take.  It's just plain wrong.

Well, this *is* the list for reporting problems with Cygwin. Sorry, that I missed among all the other 450 mail per month, the one Chris stated, that he don't want straces sent to list without further asking.

Look, if I'd only sent a mail to the list stating that scp is sometimes failing without further information, you'd only reply with a link anyway. So I did my best to find at least a case to repeat the problem in a simpler environment and sent all information I can provide. Just stop your uber-teacher mode for a moment. What actions would *you* take to isolate the problem in a better way? What other useful information shall I provide to enable Chris or Pierre or someone else to have a critical look at the recent changes in the relevant fork()/pipe code?

>   However we're getting way OT

It's you, who always snip the informational part.

>, so if you want to discuss
> this further, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside.
> While flapping your arms and clucking like a chicken.

>>   Sure.  How about 200k of unintelligible gibberish?  I'm
>> sure we'd all _love_ to see it.

> TITTTL!

No. Have better ways to waste my time. We don't seem to have common ground for standard communication anyway. My questions are still technical and on-topic.

- Jörg