Re: Problem with setup

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 11:09:26AM +1100, Luke Kendall wrote:

Sorry to be causing you such hassles. I'm hoping to get a chance to
try the latest Cygwin:

You can try the latest cygwin. Just install everything in two or three steps.

This is not the final solution, of course, but this problem doesn't
seem like a total showstopper to me.  Bobby McNulty can probably provide
more details.  In fact, I think he's already done so.

cgf

First install all of the main cygwin without the gnome stuff, then install the x stuff with gnome. Go to Sourceforge and get KDE on Cygwin.
rebaseall.
startx
and you shound have the KDE desktop on X with cygwin.
Neat, huh?
It works for me.
Now, I'm trying to find a good MIDI sequencer that runs under KDE and Cygwin.
Rosegarden has too many problems I don't want to deal with.
Bobby