Re: new cygwin has memory problems?

In regards to adding code to support coLinux, I don't see why that
would be neccessary.  coLinux doesn't need to talk to cygwin.  Except
for older versions, coLinux is not built on cygwin.

If someone is really interested, as part of the coLinux tools I wrote
set of functions for querying cygwin paths from a non-cygwin
executable.   It does so by calling a cygwin executable to convert
paths.  If the executable fails, it assumes the cygwin.dll has not
been installed.

I would not recommend adding it to cygwin, because it would be
pointless.  If you know someone has installed cygwin to install the
tool, then there is no reason not to link to the cygwin.dll directly.
However, the tool is open source, so people are free to use it for
their non-cygwin, but cygwin compatible open source projects.

Bill