Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: docbook-xml42-4.2-3

Patrick Eisenacher wrote:

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Telka schrieb:

Since I expected problems with my /etc/xml/catalog file, I kept an eye on it. And indeed it got corrupted by the update. Here is what happened:

- the new publicId was inserted ok
- the location of the DTD was updated ok
- existing entries were not altered

What are the "existing entries"?

All other catalog elements except for the group elements.

BUT:
- all group definitions were lost
- all identation was lost

Please provide an example of the problematic /etc/xml/catalog file.

I attached two catalogs. The first one was my original xml catalog
before the update. The latter one is the one after the update. Note: I
reconstructed the latter one from memory, so order of elements could
vary, but it shows the problems I reported.

I use group definitions to set a common xml:base for all group elements. As a result, the paths of every former group element got corrupted.

Can you please fix the catalog updating script?

If I run the command from the postinstallscript of

$ cygcheck -c docbook-xml42
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
docbook-xml42        4.2-2          OK

with libxml2:
$ cygcheck -c libxml2
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
libxml2              2.6.13-1       OK

It works ok:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<group id="" xml:base="file:///usr/share/">
<rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/xsl/"; rewritePrefix="db2latex-xsl-0.8pre1/xsl/"/>
<rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/"; rewritePrefix="/usr/share/docbook-xml42/"/>
<rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/"; rewritePrefix="docbook-xsl/"/>
</group>
<group id="" xml:base="file:///cygdrive/e/Entwicklung/Hedwig/">
<uri name="html.titlepage.templates.xsl" uri="Object/html.titlepage.templates.xsl"/>
</group>
</catalog>

What version of libxml2 do you have installed? What is the content of the 4.2-3 docbook-xml42 postinstall script?

Gerrit -- =^..^=