Creating superuser (root) in Cygwin

Hi,

I need to create or access a superuser account in Cygwin.

The problem is that I'm trying to compile sudo (http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/) and unfortunately, I need superuser privilegdes to install or run the program, or even edit its configuration files.

Again, I'm writing a multithreaded program that needs to raise the priority of certain threads. The thread library function that does this again requires superuser priviledges to run.

These are just two of the problems I've encountered lately. I really need to create a root account in Cygwin.

Thanks

Olumide