Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: clamav-0.80-1

Mark Pizzolato schrieb:

I have updated the version of clamav on cygwin.com to 0.80-1.
This has now a shared version of the library and several updates.

Clam AntiVirus - GPL anti-virus toolkit
This distribution was built without the Windows UI.
You might want to use clamavwin (python wxWindows) instead.
See /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/clamav-0.80-1.README

I'm trying to track down a potential bug in either clamav or cygwin which appears while running clamd. In order to find what and ehere I tried to install the source package for this release of clamav to do some debugging.

There seems to be a bug in the source package for this updated clamav release..

This becomes obvious when invoking the clamav-0-80-1.sh script with the argument prep or all.

The source package has a patch file named clamv-0.80-1.patch. While this patch is being applied, the patches to the first few files goes OK, while the remaining patches seem to be 1) reverse patches and 2) done with a diff specifying one directory level too deep. So, I edit the patch file, globally replacing /clamav-0.80/ with /.

don't do this! these are leftovers from mkpatch

After doing this, things get furthur, but as I mentioned there seems to be a reverse patch going on, so patch prompts to "Assume -R" for several files, but not all of the patches can be applied anyway. Then things go on to get worse. This should probably be addressed by someone who created the patches in the package.

I see. Thanks! patching file clamav-0.80/CYGWIN-PATCHES/README patching file clamav-0.80/CYGWIN-PATCHES/postinstall.sh patching file clamav-0.80/CYGWIN-PATCHES/preremove.sh patching file clamav-0.80/INSTALL patching file clamav-0.80/Makefile.in patching file clamav-0.80/acinclude.m4 patching file clamav-0.80/aclocal.m4 The next patch would delete the file clamav-0.80/clamav-0.80/AUTHORS, which does not exist! Assume -R? [n] ...

These are wrong leftovers from the mkpatch step.
Please replace in prep
    patch -b -Z -p0 < ${src_patch} ;\
with
    patch -N -Z -p0 < ${src_patch} ;\

This will safely ignore those wrong patches.

That's why it was so huge!
Sorry. I will come up with an update soon. I've found some problem by myself also and was already working on -2.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/