RE: Avail for test: libtool-devel-1.9f_20041024-1, libltdl6-1.9f_20041024-1

Chuck wrote:
> New alpha versions of libtool available for test.  This is
> very close to
> what libtool-2.0 will be.  Please evaluate.
>
> NOTE: cygwin maintainers: do NOT release any updates of your packages
> built using this version of libtool!  Be sure to revert back to
> "regular" libtool-devel ("1.5.10-1") before packaging any of your
> "stuff" for official releases.
>
> This version passes ALL existing libtool selftests on cygwin, for the
> first time ever.

I have a problem with "make install" of a built executable.

Its wrapper script contains:
---------------8<----------------
relink_command=""

# This environment variable determines our operation mode.
if test "$libtool_install_magic" = "%%%MAGIC variable%%%"; then
  # install mode needs the following variable:
  notinst_deplibs=''
else
---------------8<----------------

and make install fails with:

libtool: install: invalid libtool wrapper script `xsendbut'

This is because this test is true in ltmain.m4sh:
---------------8<----------------
	  # Check the variables that should have been set.
	  test -z "$notinst_deplibs" && \
	    func_fatal_error "invalid libtool wrapper script
\`$wrapper'"

Adding a space between the '' in the wrapper script makes it
work, of course.

It should be noted that this was with libtool-cvs rather
shortly before 1.9f hit the street, so it was not with the
exact version you refer to here. Very close though, and I
see no changes that should affect this behaviour.

Cheers,
Peter