Problems with cron and hibernation: a solution?

Hi all,

I tried to look into the problem that cron does not gracefully wake up
from hibernation[1]. It turns out that if hibernation takes place during
the call to sleep, the value returned is extremely high (in the order of
4 million seconds) and thus cron appears dead.

The attached patch corrects this problem, by re-syncing with the clock
if the value returned from sleep is negative or too high (> 90s). It
also makes it possible to see debug messages when running cron on the
command line without forking.

The resulting program seems to run fine for me. Hope this will help
others...

[1] <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg00867.html>

--
Xavier Nodet
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759.