Re: Issue with Cygwin Setup on slow and unstable connection

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote (slightly reordered):

> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

First off, it's enough to include the URL -- no need to quote the text at
that URL.

>   http://groups.google.com/groups?th=1ebcb6e9525fa75b

I've already offered to include in the above OLOCA entry a link to a page
that lists methods for fixing reply quoting in many mailers.  Are you
willing to maintain such a page?

> Diogo Franco schrieb:
> >  --- Igor Pechtchanski <pec @ xxxxx> escreveu:
>
> And not in the sig also!
>
> > > ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor@xxxx.xxx.com
>                                               ^^^^^
> > >     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski,

Umm, actually, no.  Feel free to leave any raw addresses in the signature
intact -- people who place them in the signature usually know what that
entails and shouldn't expect these addresses to be fixed for them.
That's exactly what the quoted sentense below was intended to say -- if
it's unclear, I'll gladly accept alternative phrasing.

> [snipped text from the OLOCA page]
> Of course, there may be other raw e-mail addresses in messages, e.g., in
> signatures, but that's the choice of the person sending the message.

This, of course, is aside from the fact that it's usually unnecessary to
quote the signature, as the below link suggests.  However, if the
signature *is* quoted, there's no need to remove the raw e-mail addresses
from it.

> Please!
>   http://learn.to/quote/

HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw