Selectively zipping files together

I did not see this bounce back to me so I am sending it again. I wonder if
the problem was with HTML/plain formatting?

The following does not work because it just grabs all the files in my
directory. I tried using the -print on find that did not help. I tried
removing the "@" pipe find into xargs and that did not work.

/usr/bin/find "." \( ! -name \*.pch -a ! -path \*CVS\* \) | jar cvf@
..\\archive.zip

Since we are not allowed to discuss jar here, is there a Cygwin utility that
produces Windows ZIP files that will work with find?

I even tried tar (even though it is not the format I want). Why does this
not work?

/usr/bin/find "." \( ! -name \*.pch -a ! -path \*CVS\* \) | xargs tar cvf
../archive.zip

The problem is the same: all the files are included. I also, for all of the
above, tried using the -print on the find command but that did not help.

Oh - and one last question: is there any document that compares bzip with
bzip2 and gnuzip and winzip?

  Thanks,

      Siegfried