Re: Spurious "You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your syste m."

Dave Korn wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of luke.kendall
Sent: 08 October 2004 06:48

I freely confess I'm doing something unusual. Maybe I'm the first
person on the planet to attempt to automate Cygwin

installation via a

shell script from an already existing and stable copy of Cygwin
installed elsewhere on the network?

Dave:

It's possible. Is there a reason you aren't using setup.exe? It's
automatable and easily customisable and it has the benefit

in this situation

of being a plain non-cygwin win32 exe.

I should clarify that I *am* using Cygwin's setup.exe - the scripts just do all the other automation around that:

[...ker-snippo!...]

And possibly other things I've forgotten.

  Ah, ok... well how about this:  instead of a monolithic shell script, you
divide it up into two: one that runs before setup.exe, using the network
dir's installation, and one that runs after, using the newly-installed local
cygwin?

  Write a .bat file that first calls the network bash to run the pre-setup
script, then calls setup.exe, then the local bash for the post-install.

  As long as the pre-install script exits everything properly, the cygwin
dll should be unloaded when bash exits back to the .bat file, then setup can
replace
/install the local cygwin, and finally you'll start up the local bash with
the local cygwin dll and do everything after setup.exe on the local system.

Agreed, that's my plan.

luke