RE: Bash: when is WinXP not WinXP??

"Dave Korn" <dk@artimi.com> wrote in
NUTMEGd8PXibjXt5tX800000407@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM:">news:NUTMEGd8PXibjXt5tX800000407@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM:

Well, the code that's causing me to think I'm redirected is:

   hStdOut = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);
   PERR(hStdOut != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, "GetStdHandle");
   bSuccess = GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo(hStdOut, &sinfo) ;
   if (bSuccess == false) {
    	 //  this returned "The handle is invalid"
      fprintf(stderr, "gcsbi error: %s\n", get_system_message()) ;
      exit(1) ;
      redirected = 1 ;
      return ;
   }

So even if I did as you suggest above, I would still have to terminate my
program when GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo failed... Now *why* is that
function failing on hStdOut, which was not itself invalid (since
GetStdHandle succeeded)... ??  And again, why only on the Home machine,
not on the Pro machine??