Re: Compiling LAM MPI

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
Dalibor wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase <gp <at> familiehaase.de> writes:

I have some replacement functions for inet_ntop & inet_pton which I
found in the kaffe sources, these don't include coyright notices and
compile ok on Cygwin.

Hallo Gerrit,

I've explicitely included them for Cygwin :)

Hmm, then I fetched them before this happened;)
Does that mean my version is not copyrighted then......?

Hmm, weird. Current replace/inet_*.c files in Kaffe's CVS are licensed under

/* Copyright (c) 1996 by Internet Software Consortium.
*
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
* purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
*
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND INTERNET SOFTWARE CONSORTIUM DISCLAIMS
* ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL INTERNET SOFTWARE
* CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR
* PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS
* ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
* SOFTWARE.
*/

I got them from IRCII, which mentions that these files come from ISC:
ftp://ircftp.au.eterna.com.au/pub/ircII/ircii-current/ircii/doc/Copyright

The upstream source seems to be bind:

http://idsa.irisa.fr/cgi-bin/bind/http/source/lib/isc/inet_ntop.c

I hope this clears up any confusion wrt to licensing of the inet_* files. Looking at the kaffe CVS, it seems that the files were checked in from the start with appropriate copyright notices:

http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kaffe/replace/inet_ntop.c?annotate=1.1

So I guess you simply had a bit of bad luck with CVS :)

cheers,
dalibor topic