Re: problem with finding case-sensitive filenames when running DOS batch command with bash shell

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 DFong@s3graphics.com wrote:

Hi,

I'm running cygwin bash shell and have set
the parameters

~/.bashrc

shopt -s nocaseglob

~/.inputrc

set completion-ignore-case on

but I'm still having problems with running a DOS batch command that will not be case-sensitive.

x.bat
dir /s /b filename.txt (I want it to match with name like fileNAME.txt and return filename.txt)

If I run this x.bat under cygwin bash shell
the return from dir /s /b command is "file not found".

What else do I need to set in DOS or bash shell environment
to allow "dir /s /b" to make the directory search for filename to be case-insensitive?

have a read of the options at
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html
specificly check_case and maybe glob as well.
it says its relaxed by default but it may be worth setting it explicitly as well.

Vince
David