Re: SSH + CVS But no login.

On Oct  6 07:52, Michael Jervis wrote:
> >Do you Google: <http://google.com/search?q=cvsonly+site%3Acygwin.com>?
>
> Ah, yeah. Um. I have a nasty head cold and was in a rush. No idea why I
> didn't google but that works just lovely thank you.
>
> Next question:
>
> I've just deleted the various Guest/System accounts from my passwd file.
> This wont' break anything will it? And it's all I need to do to stop people
> logging in as guest?

Urgh!  SYSTEM is the account sshd is running under.  Don't remove that.

I'm wondering why you *first* removed entries from passwd and *then*
asked if that's right instead of vice versa (which would be the natural
order if one don't know, wouldn't it?)

Don't mess around with passwd and group files, except you know what
you're doing.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.