RE: Weird bug with cp -f [solution that works for me]

> Although I'm pretty sure that prior releases of Cygwin have
> co-existed with Mr Norton quite happily.
>
> Did the original poster have Norton enabled?
>
> Anyone else care to comment?
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Dave Miles

I was also experiencing this problem occasionally and in my case it was the
Norton protected recycle bin from Norton antivirus 2003 professional that
was exposing the problem. Turning this feature off has made the problem go
away.

Thanks for the "fix"

Mike Lerwill