Re: Newbie GUI development

Dave Korn wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Ken Dibble
Sent: 05 October 2004 10:21

I'm trying to build a Linux gui app and failing miserably.
Any help would be appreciated.

$ pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0
gnome-config: not found
Package gobject-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gobject-2.0.pc'
Package 'gobject-2.0', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found

This is all gnome stuff. You'll need to install gnome dev stuff.

That was my original thought but:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=gnome

doesn't appear to have any gnome specific stuff.

It has gtk stuff, which I have.
(cygcheck was attached to previous message)

Could you make it obvious for me?

I couldn't find gnome-config in the setup package search facility.
I did find cygobject-2.0-0.dll
in glib2-runtime/glib2-runtime

That's not related: that's "cyg-object.dll", not "cy-gobject.dll"

cheers, DaveK