RE: A good way to test if cygwin isn't installed?

you (cygwin-owner@cygwin.com) wrote on  :

> On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:19:39PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> ..snip..

>>> I think it may be possible to cygwin installed and not have it in
>>> the path, if it's started from a bat or cmd that modifies the path
>>> etc...
>>> anyway, finding cygwin1.dll may be a slow process. It might be
>>> better to access the registry, this jscript uses the windows
>>> scripting host, so won't work on older boxes unless wsh is there,
>>> but as a proof of concept it may be ok.
>>
>> Just having "mount.exe" and "cygwin1.dll" in the same directory and
>> running "mount" should be adequate.
>>
>> If "mount" exits with a "multiple cygwin problem" then, well...
>>
>> If "mount" shows more than just /cygdrive paths, then cygwin
> isn't installed
>                  ^
>                 nothing
>> in any useful way.

i.e. the output of "mount -m" would be empty.
Or does a default cygdrive prefix show up there?

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE Microcomputer systems            --72-->

** mailing list preference; please keep replies on list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--