Re: spell checking in xemacs

Robert R Schneck <schneck <at> math.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Koskie, Sarah wrote:
> > I used setup to download and install both the aspell and xemacs
> > packages.  If I click on the "Spell" button on the toolbar in xemacs, I
> > get the message "Symbol's function definition is void: ispell-buffer".
> > The response to M-x spell, M-x aspell, and M-x ispell is [No match].
> > Setup indicates that I have version 21.4.15-1 of xemacs.
>
> Please post cygcheck output as advised at
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> My WAG is that you didn't get the xemacs-sumo package.
> I've found the lowest-overhead solution to using aspell as ispell is
> then simply to
> ln -s /bin/aspell /bin/ispell
>
> Robert

Thanks, Robert.  I hadn't gotten the xemacs-sumo package.  Downloaded and
installed it and now ispell works (presumably using aspell since I didn't delete
the lines in init.el that set ispell-program-name to aspell).  I didn't change
this in the interest of not fixing what isn't broken, but your approach makes
sense.  Thanks for including it.

Sarah