Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New packge: lighttpd-1.3.0

On Mon, September 20, 2004 16:01, Jan Kneschke said:

> The following package has been added to the Cygwin distribution:
>

> *** lighttpd-1.3.0-1
>

> lighttpd a secure, fast, compliant and very flexible web-server which has been optimized
> for high-performance environments. It has a very low memory footprint compared to other
> webservers and takes care of cpu-load. Its advanced feature-set (FastCGI, CGI, Auth,
> Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and many more) make lighttpd the
> perfect webserver-software for every server that is suffering load problems.
>
> Main site: http://jan.kneschke.de/projects/lighttpd/

Has anyone got this working with php under Windows? I'd love to know how!

I'm trying to put together a webserver/database/php solution that will work on my WinXP
laptop for demos/prototypes. I don't have admin access on this machine, i.e. no registry
access  - I can't even copy php.ini to c:\windows!

Cygwin installs OK to c:\cygwin and I've succesfully got apache and postgresql running
under cygwin. But I'm stuck with php.

I've investigated lighttpd, and it looks very promising. The fast-cgi module looks great
- the spawn-fcgi utility built on cygwin straight out of the box, but I still come back
to not having a version of PHP that works.

I downloaded the 4.3.8 windows zip file and extracted it into c:\php but I can't work
out how to integrate this binary with the cygwin tools, if indeed it is possible.

Has anyone got any suggestions that might help me out here?

Is there any more news about the cygwin php port?

Thanks,

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com