Re: rlogin or rsh correct install

At 05:52 AM 9/15/2004, you wrote:
>I need to use the rlogin and I don't know witch package to use.

You answer this question by consulting <http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  Type
in the name of the file you're looking for.  It will tell you the package(s)
and version(s) that contain this file.  For executables, it's often helpful
to proceed the executable name with 'bin/' (i.e. 'bin/rlogin').  With the
results of that, run 'setup' and install that package.  Simple. :-)

>The command rsh is giving me this error
>
>rsh.exe: remote terminal session not supported
>
>Runs commands on remote hosts running the RSH service.
>
>RSH host [-l username] [-n] command
>
>  host            Specifies the remote host on which to run command.
>  -l username     Specifies the user name to use on the remote host. If
>                  omitted, the logged on user name is used.
>  -n              Redirects the input of RSH to NULL.
>  command         Specifies the command to run.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

You're using the Windows version of 'rsh'. ;-)

You may want to consider installing and using 'openssh' instead, if security
is an issue.  It's a secure replacement for r* commands.

Holliston, MA 01746