Re: configure-script failure

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:21:46AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, bertrand marquis wrote:
>>Le lun 30/08/2004 ?  07:50, Jani tiainen a ?crit :
>>>Why sometimes running ./configure doesn't work?
>>>
>>>Usually it reports that some feature is missing, but running second
>>>time with same parameters doesn't produce error..
>>>
>>>like:
>>>
>>>configure --prefix=/target --disable-static
>>>
>>>in first run I usually get "no such feature 'static'" (or similiar).
>>>On second run with exactly same parameters it works.
>>>
>>>Any explanations for a such behavior?
>>
>>Hello i run through the same problem from times to times running
>>configure scripts and i didn't find any other solution than running the
>>configure again.  This is quite borring and i was not able to find any
>>solution.
>>
>>I would also be interested in a solution or an explanation if someone
>>has one.
>
>The usual advice for any configure problem is to look at the config.log
>file from the failed run of configure (beware, the file is overwritten
>every time configure is run).  FWIW, you and Jani may have different
>problems altogether.

However, regardless of whether they are similar or not, we'd actually
need *details* for figuring out problems like this, i.e.,

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Otherwise, these messages boil down to:

"I noticed that sometimes my car won't start but then I wait a little
while and it does!"

"I have the same problem!  Can someone help?"

cgf