Re: Clarifications RE original qustions posted in : How to configure Korn shell (having MKS installed) for the latest cygwin version (just rec ently downloaded)?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:23:35AM -0400, Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:
>Igor - thanks for the info on the configuring Cygwin to use Korn shell
>(ksh).
>
>> Further, would you by any chance know whether cross-compiling/building
>> Linux work in Cygwin, configured with Korn ksh shell (instead of bash shell) ?
>
>>As for your last question, ISTR that someone did cross-compile the Linux
>>kernel on Cygwin (for some handheld device, IIRC).  I'm not sure if they
>>used bash or ksh...  BTW, Googling for "cygwin Linux kernel cross-compile"
>>turns up some promising matches, but I don't have the time to look at them
>>in detail.
>
>I am already cross-compiling Linux (2.6.7.rc2 to be exact) for PowerPC
>using Cygwin's default bash shell.  So the question is - did any one
>tried to do it using Cygwin configured for Korn ksh shell ?  My reason
>for doing it (cross-compiling Linux) on ksh ( ...  and originally I did
>not want to convolute my line of questioning...) is to integrate Cygwin
>into Sniff+ IDE (on Microsoft Windows), which is MKS's Korn shell
>based.

We really don't want to go down the road of trying to figure out how to
integrate a competing product's shell with cygwin.

If you are talking about using pdksh, then, if you already have a
cross-compilation environment set up you should simply try it and
report problems.

cgf