More: glitch with upgraded ImageMagick-6.0.3-1

Here is what I found:

Additional information on the ImageMagick configuration is available in
/usr/share/doc/Imagemagick-6.0.3/QuickStart.txt

where the various configuration files go and what is required.

3 files located in /usr/share/doc/Imagemagick-6.0.3 directory (magic.mgk, log.mgk and coders.mgk)
have to be copied to /lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/config to complete the installation.  The package or a local
environment variable has to be modified.

The following files are in /lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/config:

coder.mgk
colors.mgk
configure.mgk
delegates.mgk
english.mgk
locale.mgk
log.mgk
magic.mgk
type.mgk
type-ghostscript.mgk
type-solaris.mgk
type-windows.mgk

When I copied over coder.mgk, a test case with a ps file
worked correctly using the cygwin version ghostscript as a delegate:

convert a.ps a.ps

The DVI case still failed with:

convert: unable to open module file `/usr/lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/modules-Q16/coders/dvi.la'.

I have MiKTeX installed, and I also got messages telling me that dvips cannot open the PS file when
I enter:

display a.dvi

Most likely a problem is with interpretation of the file paths for input and/or output.

My suggestion is that you install the Cygwin TeX package as a step in being able to convert DVI files if you
have not done so.

Charles

I had to copy the file magic.mgk to the
/lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/config directory
to get it to work ...

Thanks.

... all is ok now.

Wish mine was. I find that

convert g0.ps g0.jpg

works just fine but

convert g0.dvi g0.jpg

still fails with the identical error message. What happens when you try this?

Maybe your fix is not quite general. (Or I am failing to implement it correctly.
There are two different magic.mgk files I could copy in the manner instructed
- not to mention a magic.mgc file.)

Thanks anyway.

Fergus

--