Fetchmail and Procmail

1.  I'm getting an error about a "suspicious ~/.procmailrc" file.  I'm
guessing this is a permissions problem.  If that's the case, could
someone let me know what the correct permissions should be?  For the
moment, using a '/etc/procmailrc' seems to be the only thing that works.

2.  Procmail seems to be rather slow.  I don't know whether this is
normal, but I've timed one mailbox download and it's taking on average
10 minutes to process 317 messages (2MB total).  Also, is procmail
supposed to be called for each individual message?

My rudimentary config files below.

Thanks.

# ============================
# ~/.fetchmailrc