Re: Slight problem with case sensitivity on managed mounts with C VS-1.11.6

Dave Korn wrote:
  My ${CURRENCY_UNIT}*1e-2: rather than guessing, cvs should *find out*, by
creating a file in the current directory using a name that is known not to
exist, try to unlink it using a shifted version of that name, and then see
if it's gone or not.  I *think* that would do the job, wouldn't it?
Um, yes, but IMHO that would be a hack - mostly because it'd have to do that in every subdir in the tree, as it can't know for sure any other way for the subdir in question (for all it knows, different stuff might be mounted in /foo/bar wrt /foo (or /foo/bar/.. for that matter).

The "problem" I'm facing is Cygwin-specific. I *think* it is rather uncommon as a problem outside the Cygwin-powered world, so I'd opt for a Cygwin-specific solution in the same direction as the other platform-specific solutions in CVS as implemented..

Just my two HFL 0.02.. ;)

rlc

PS [OT]: HFL 0.02 hasn't been dispensible in valid currency since the mid-80s, when the currency that had a value of HFL 0.01 went the way of the dodo; the HFL (dutch guilder) is nostalgically missed since the introduction of the Euro, which became the *only* acceptable currency in The Netherlands on 2002-02-17. HFL 0.02 was then mapped to EUR 0.01, which is about CAN 0.02, which would have been about HFL 0.04 ;)