RE: MapViewOfFileEx errors with cygwin1-20040716 snapshot

  Oops.  Teach me to deal with mail in the order it arrives!

> <CYGWIN-TECHNICAL-STUFF>
>   Would it work if I built my own DLL, with debugging, and inserted a
>   "try_to_debug()" call before the api_fatal()?  Frankly,
> I've never had
>   much luck getting gdb to start from the "error_start" setting in
>   $CYGWIN, but I'll see if I can get this to work unless the
> above info
>   helps someone track this down sooner.
> </CYGWIN-TECHNICAL-STUFF>

  Dunno exactly.  However, my suggestion is that the most useful diagnostic
at that point would be a print out of the address parameter passed to the
MVOFx function and the name of the .dll that is occupying that area, or
perhaps just an entire module list.

    cheers,
      DaveK