RE: MySQL Doesn't Respond After Cygwin Install, Please Help Me.

  ^^^^^^^^^^^
  You omitted to mention that bit last time, which caused me some confusion!

> but I can not just
> type mysql and get the standard, Welcome to MySQL blah blah..

  Hmm.  Two thoughts:

#1.  Maybe something's gone wrong with the cygwin ttymode/terminfo stuff,
and MySQL is actually printing that out and working in general, but
nothing's being displayed.  You could find that out by trying to enter a few
commands "typing blind" that maybe create or delete a table or record and
see if they turn out to have the actual effect on the database/tables that
you'd expect.

#2.  Is the MySQL Win32 binary install perhaps built under cygwin, and maybe
installs its own version of the dll?  Run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out"
in a bash shell, then send the cygcheck.out file - as an attachment please!
- to the list.  Maybe we'll see something in your environment that explains
it all.

    cheers,
      DaveK