Re: setting windows environment variables

Just found cygstart was in cygutils and used it. The --hide option was just what I needed.

Thanks,

Jason Joines
=================================

Larry Hall wrote:
At 04:18 PM 7/20/2004, you wrote:

  I have a Cygwin BASH script which takes user input, uses ldapsearch, etc., to set a bunch of environment variables.  I can then use these from bash with no problem.  I would also like to make these environment variables available to the windows command interpreter.
  Is there anyway to do this?

Only if the windows command interpreter is a child of the bash process you run from. Otherwise, your best bet is to export the variables as some batch file and run that in the windows command interpreter.

Also, is there a BASH equivalent of the windows cmd start command that lets you start many processes without having to wait on each to finish?

How about 'cygstart'?

--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office