1.5.10-3 xp, perl 5.8.2 slowdown

hi,

I did an update of cygwin, unfortunately I don't know version of cygwin.dll
(perl was originaly 5.8.0) I am comparing against
(my cygwin directory was created on 30.10.2003)

I have a thirdparty script, that reads some dictionary file from disk (3mb),
unfold it into memory  and then performs some lookup from hash, memory
footprint of running server is about 130mb

there is noticable slowdown (roughly 300% - 4sec against 13sec) in startup
of that server against previous distro.

this is just general anouncement to give you developers know,
I don't expect any helpfull hints for such vague report

regards
ptica