RE: Wrapping long lines (Was Re: FAQ update suggestion for "I'm having basic problems with find. Why?")

Responding before I read the whole thread, as I'm sure this gets a whole lot
uglier:

> On Jul  9 11:03, William Blunn wrote:
> > I think not.  I think the counter argument would be "Yes we know it
> > makes the occasional command-line appear line-wrapped, but
> that is a
> > nano-issue compared to the downside which is that it will
> mess up the
> > display for all the flowed messages, which is a far bigger issue."
>
> My 2ct are simply this:  If somebody wants to be read, he or
> she should stick to the common rules.

"Common rules"?  I prefer to stick to Standards if at all possible.  Like
RFCs and such.

>  If somebody isn't able
> or willing to learn these rules, bad luck for him or her.
> I'm against pampering clueless people so that they can lean
> back and stay clueless.  Call me mean.

You're mean ;-).

--
Gary R. Van Sickle