Re: Wrapping long lines (Was Re: FAQ update suggestion for "I'm having basic problems with find. Why?")

> Yeah it appears in ... [RFC1855] as "Be conservative in what you send
> and liberal in what you receive.", just a few paragraphs above where
> it recommends:
>
> "Limit line length to fewer than 65 characters and end a line with a
> carriage return."

Limiting line length to fewer than 65 characters is about being
"conservative in what you send".

My contention is about mail archivers being "liberal in what you [they]
receive".

Bill
--
William Blunn <bill at tao-group dot com>
Tao, 62/63 Suttons Business Park, Earley, Reading, RG6 1AZ, UK