Re: Building DLL

Hi all,

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
Maarten wrote:
Now that GTK2 is in the package tree, I thought I'd give building XFCE a
try. This package depends on 'Disk based hashes' (dbh), which needs to
be built as a shared library. Dbh uses libtool in its build process.

You don't need .def files on Cygwin.  Just add -no-undefined to
libxyz_LDFLAGS.

Of course Gerrit is right. Adding this works. *But only if I use a copy of /usr/autotool/devel/bin/libtool*. I.e. I always have to do:

autoreconf
./configure ....
cp /usr/autotool/devel/bin/libtool .
make && make install

However, the reported version number of this libtool is the same as the one created through configure (autoreconf?) (1.5.6). Is the version distributed with cygwin a patched version? If so, is there an official release of the autotools that include those patches? If so I'd like to try to convince the XFCE developers to upgrade...

Finally, (I know, not really the correct list for this): I'm only vaguely familiar with the whole autotools toolchain, and I was wondering if somebody could show me some boiler plate configure.ac/Makefile.am content so that I can forward the XFCE developers a patch to conditionally include '-no-undefined' to the libtool invocation in the XFCE build process...

Maarten