Re: Vedr.: Re: Vedr.: Re: OpenSSH under the CYGWIN package, does not read domain groups in /etc/group file.

At 03:21 AM 6/25/2004, you wrote:

>I have been making both the passwd and group files using the -d option.
>
>When I log on as a domain user I get the same result as previus:
>><snip>
>>
>>>Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
>>>UID: ) GID: )
>>
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>This doesn't look good.  Did you edit this output?
>>

>>>Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (ntsec)
>>>UID: ) GID: )
>>
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>Ditto
>>

>><snip>
>If I log on as the local administrator I get this:
>Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
>UID: 500(Administrator) GID: 544(Administrators)
>544(Administrators)
>
>Output from d:\programmer\cygwin\bin\id.exe (ntsec)
>UID: 500(Administrator) GID: 544(Administrators)
>0(root)                 513(None)
>544(Administrators)     545(Users)
>10545(mkgroup-l-d)
>
>This looks much better, I think.
>
>I still think, this might have something to do, with my security settings.
>When I try to run MKGROUP on the server, as the local admin. I get this
>result:
>$ mkgroup -d
>NetGroupEnum() failed with 1326
>
>And the mkpasswd command:
>$ mkpasswd -d -u las -p /home
>mkpasswd: [1326] Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
>
>The way I have been making those 2 files, is I've run the commands on my
>workstation, and copied them to the server (they are on the same domain).

So it looks like the user you're running as can't access the domain on
the server.  I seem to recall a hazy memory of some problems with
this in the past but I can't find a reference.  Anyway, that does sound
like a local (server machine) security configuration issue like you said.

Holliston, MA 01746