Re: bash closes immediatly (other shells too)

>>> "Henrik Badekow" writes >>>
> I just installed cygwin on my computer. I have been using it on other
> computers since quite a while ago. This time I cant start it after the
> installation. It just closes after about 2 seconds. This fact cannot be due
> to a problem with the bash, cause it happens when using a different shell,
> too. I thought this might be just a simple configuration thing, but as i
> cant find any information on this topic i guess it is not a common problem.
> Any kind of help is appriciated.

Henrik,

I had a problem like this a few months ago.  A virus was the culprit in that
case; it tried to kill any process that might be used to track it down and remove
it, and "SH.EXE" was on the list of processes it looked for.  So it might be worth
doing a scan if nothing else seems to work.

--Aaron V. Humphrey
Kakari Systems Ltd.