Re(4) rlogin problems

>> When I rlogin from PC1 to PC1 I have the same Windows error message -
which
>> btw shows an error for "login" -  and a "closed connection" output in the
>> Cygwin window.
>> I have now recognized that "rsh PC1 ls" also fails. Again the Windows
error
>> message comes up, now indicating an error of "bash".
>
>More details, please.  What OS is PC1?  What OS is PC2?  Both are running
>the snapshot DLL now, right?  Please paste the output you get on the
>command line into your reply.  And don't hesitate to paste the German
>output in the GUI error box into that reply either.  Coincidentally I
>understand a bit of German ;-)

Both OS's are Windows 98 SE. Both are running the snapshot DLL. I only made
an exchange of the cygwin1.dll on each PC.

The Windows error message is more or less (I can deliver the correct wording
tonight):

Ungueltige Anwendung
Bitte wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller..

Is the stack dump also of interest for you?

I do not get a command line output when I rlogin to localhost or to another
host - the command hangs.

Ulrich