Re: Re(3) rlogin problems

On Jun 24 08:05, Ulrich G?ttich wrote:
> > > Thank you, Pierre. I have immediatetly installed the new cgwin1.dll from
> > > your snapshot on my PC1 and made the following observations:
> > >
> > > 1. rlogin to PC2 worked fine!
> > >
> > > 2. now I installed the new cygwin1.dll also on PC2 and tried again:
> rlogin
> > > from PC1 to PC2 or vice versa. Unfortunately, now we seem to have
> problems
> > > on the receiver side: the rlogin fails and an ugly Windows error message
> (in
> > > my case in German) comes up with a content like "Application not valid
> ...".
> > > The output of "inetd -d" does not show any errors.
> > >
> > > What's up now? Sorry for the inconvenience!
> >
> > What happens when you rlogin from PC1 to PC1? That was my test and it
> > worked.
> > It's unlikely that the latest patch is causing the problem you see,
> > but of course there have been several changes since the last official
> > release.
>
> When I rlogin from PC1 to PC1 I have the same Windows error message - which
> btw shows an error for "login" -  and a "closed connection" output in the
> Cygwin window.
> I have now recognized that "rsh PC1 ls" also fails. Again the Windows error
> message comes up, now indicating an error of "bash".

More details, please.  What OS is PC1?  What OS is PC2?  Both are running
the snapshot DLL now, right?  Please paste the output you get on the
command line into your reply.  And don't hesitate to paste the German
output in the GUI error box into that reply either.  Coincidentally I
understand a bit of German ;-)

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.