RE: Accessing Cygwin from a LAN PC

zzapper wrote:
> Sorry bet this is a Cygwin chestnut.
>
> I would like to access CygWin on my PC from other PCs on our LAN.
>
> I guess VNC , but which flavour?  Other solutions?
>
> zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
> --
>
> vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"
>
> http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips

Depending on what you mean by "access", I would highly recommend using
the OpenSSH package that can be downloaded via setup.exe.

After downloading it, run the ssh-host-config script to get an ssh
daemon running as a service.

Then run ssh-user-config to get all the keys and directories generated
for your user account.

There is a doc at /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README that explains the
OpenSSH + Cygwin specific wonkiness and the regular SSH docs are at
/usr/share/doc/openssh.

-Jason

PS - I apologize in advance for the legal disclaimer at the bottom of my
email message.  This is tacked on by our SMTP gateway and I have no
control over it.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.